Week 52  This week we get the last part of the hull sides.

The bits we received

And what we did with them

I've glued the two halves together and screwed them in place so they set square.  They are not screwed up particularly tightly yet as they will have to come apart to fit the front and rear.

I did the following work on the shackles after the hull was painted.

I had originally intended to use these parts as supplied, but once I put them in place I realised that they do look rather inaccurate.

I've made new bolts that look much better.  These are simply a cocktail stick with a 2mm brass ring round the end.  They were found in the odds n ends box, left over from a model boat.  Then I drilled a 0.7mm hole down the end and inserted a small brass eyebolt.  Then it's all superglued together.

With the cocktail stick cut to length, it fits like this.

I've decided to repaint the shackles black to give a little more interest.  I guess that they may have been painted dark yellow along the rest of the tank, but would probably have been black if they had been replaced.

Here are the new shackles painted black.  I'm quite pleased with them.

Things not yet done

Issue 11 : Paint and fit spare track links : Now painted
Issue 19 : Fit ball and headlight
Issue 23 : Paint the radiator covers
Issue 24 : Finish the issue
Issue 25 : Complete issue
Issue 32 : Complete the tow cable
Issue 33 : Complete issue
Issue 38 : Paint the parts
Issue 39 : Entire issue
Issue 40 : Entire issue
Issue 42 : Finish the issue
Issue 43 : Finish the issue
Issue 44 : Finish the issue
Issue 45 : Entire issue
Issue 46 : Entire issue
Issue 47 : Entire issue
Issue 49 : Paint and fit shackles
Issue 50 : Paint and fit shackles
Issue 51 : Paint and fit shackles
Issue 52 : Paint and fit shackles

Take me back to week 51

Take me to week 53