Week 106  This week we get the driver's and radio operator's seats.

The bits we received

And what we did with them

A little pre-assembly before I start painting.  The gas mask containers are assembled.  I glues the two halves of the body together before adding the  tops and bottoms rather than follow the instructions, but that's really a personal preference.

The radio ops seat back is also assembled.

The seat frames are painted ivory, and the seat cushions painted brown.  I gave the cushions a coat of Halfords white primer, but they still seem to stay tacky for a long time.  It may be worth trying something other than Games Workshop paints on them, but I wanted to match the seats in the turret.

The grey bits in the photo are where I held the parts with pegs for painting.  They are generally hidden, but the odd part that is visible will be touched up with a small brush.

The driver's seat was straight forward to assemble.  I wondered how well it would stay together with the back being glued on to the rubber of the seat cushion, but it seems OK.

Before gluing the seat back, I filled in the recess with Milliput.  This makes the seat look better, and that will be visible on the finished model.

The radio ops seat glued in place.

Here is the driver's seat in place.

The gas mask containers have been painted green with a brass catch.  I'm not sure whether the catch would have been brass or not, but it adds a little interest.

Here is the mysterious box and the catch by the radio operators seat.

Things not yet done

Issue 25 : Complete issue
Issue 32 : Complete the tow cable
Issue 33 : Complete issue
Issue 38 : Paint the parts
Issue 39 : Details to add
Issue 41 : Fit fire extinguisher
Issue 47 : Entire issue
Issues 54 to 65 : Fit the hub caps
Issue 103 : Fit the fire extinguisher to the firewall.
Issue 106 : Complete the seats

Take me back to week 105

Take me to week 107